Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use – whether you,re just starting out with image editing or you,re a seasoned pro.
The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac. An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images – from complete beginners to design professionals.
- The new Export for Web feature gives you a modern way to easily prepare your images for the web.
- Automatically perfect the colors of your photos with three machine learning-powered Auto Color Adjustments.
- Get quick access to all your Pixelmator Pro tools with support for the MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
- Advanced Compression lets you shrink image sizes to the maximum without affecting quality.
- The new Slice tool lets you divide designs into individual images and optimize each one separately.
- Use Quick Export to quickly export images optimized with your most used settings.
- Export Presets let you save your favorite export settings to speed up exporting images.
- See handy live previews when formatting text and adjusting layer blending.
- Use Select Color Range to select precise colors or entire color ranges.
- Thanks to SVG support, you can now open, edit, and export resolution-independent vector images.
- Export images in the modern High Efficiency Image File Format.
- Learn all about using Pixelmator Pro with easy to follow video and text tutorials on the new Tutorials page.
Improvements and Fixes
- The Pixelmator Pro Help menu has been improved and now shows search results from the online user guide.
- You can now Control-click a ruler to change its unit.
- When moving guides, their position will now be shown in the current ruler units rather than pixels.
- You can now show or hide each of the buttons in the Pixelmator Pro toolbar.
- When using the Arrange tool, choosing the Reset preset will now reset the rotation of text, shape, and group layers as well as image layers.
- The Gradient Fill layer style now has an angle option.
- You can now change layer opacity using the number keys when using the Style tool.
- When you select a layer in the canvas, the Layers sidebar will scroll to reveal it.
- Pressing and holding the Command key will now let you move layers while using the Free Selection tool.
- When editing individual paths within a shape, the position of any gradient fills will no longer change.
- Moving a selected image area within a group would move the group instead of the selected area. Fixed.
- It was not possible to change a layer,s rotation to below 0 degrees using the arrow buttons in the Arrange tool. Fixed.
- The Pen tool now draws much more precisely, especially when using a Magic Mouse.
- The accuracy of the Quick Selection tool,s live overlay has been improved by 1 to 2 pixels.
- The Reshape tools would not work on images over 4K with MacBook Pro models from 2016 and later.
- Using the Command key to move a layer while using the Paint tool would cause graphical glitches. Fixed.
- Using the Paint tool with the Luminosity blending mode would produce random black pixels. Fixed.
- It was not possible to change the color of single text characters using the Type tool color picker. Fixed.
- Undoing an image size change would not restore layers to their previous positions. Fixed.
- The Auto Contrast and Auto Color options of the Curves and Levels tool now work faster.
- On rare occasions, ungrouping a layer group and undoing would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Refining a selection on a RAW layer would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Simultaneously zooming and undoing would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Switching to the Paint tool while painting a Gradient Fill would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Added a few more fixes to improve the overall stability of Pixelmator Pro.
- A whole bunch of other fixes that make Pixelmator Pro even better.
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor