Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you,ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won,t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet,s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Added the placeholder “$layername$” to the smart layer export settings field (which works just like “$filename$” does). Read up on Smart Layer Export for more info.
- Fixed a problem when making a very slow crop, and then you hit the shift key to constrain it to a square, and then out of the blue the crop decides to flip itself. You did nothing wrong, it just happened. And you knew not why. But no longer, for it works as you,d like now.
- Fixed a problem when using a crop preset with keeping the aspect ratio would break when you got to the edge of the canvas.
- Fixed a problem when copying a selection from images where certain image properties were present.
- Fixed a problem where flattening layer filters wouldn,t sometimes work when had a selection that was previously moved.
- Fixed a problem where there would be some visual tearing when using the crop tool.
- Fixed a problem where using the named color “windowBackgroundColor” for brushing would fail.
- Fixed a problem where Copy Merged would sometimes fail.
- Fixed an issue where using the gradient tool on a layer mask wouldn,t show up right away.
- Fixed an issue where the Metadata window could show the wrong image capture date.
- Fixed an issue where Acorn,s QuickLook plugin could crash with files from Acorn 1.0.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11.4 or later