LaunchBar is an award-winning productivity utility that offers an amazingly intuitive and efficient way to search and access any kind of information stored on your computer or on the Web. It provides instant access to your applications, documents, contacts, and bookmarks, to your music library, to search engines and more, just by entering short abbreviations of the searched item,s name.
You just hit Command-Space to bring LaunchBar,s input window to front, enter an arbitrary abbreviation, and as soon as you start typing LaunchBar displays the best matching choices, ready to be opened immediately.
Start applications, open documents, invoke system services, compose emails, or navigate the Web-LaunchBar will be your essential servant.
Compatibility with 1Password 7
- Please note: With the current version of 1Password 7, opening a Login via LaunchBar requires 1Password to be already unlocked. If it,s locked, you won,t be prompted for your master password and the login attempt silently fails. This issue will be addressed with an update of 1Password soon. In the meantime, as a workaround, make sure that 1Password is unlocked (e.g. by clicking the 1Password icon in the menu bar) prior to opening a login via LaunchBar.
- If you have both version 7 and version 6 of 1Password installed on your computer, LaunchBar will by default index the items from the newer version. If you prefer to access the version 6 data instead, you can uncheck the “Prefer latest version of 1Password” option in the Options pane of the index window.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Added support for accessing repositories in Tower 3
- Fixed an issue with LaunchBar,s built-in calculator when using custom bc definition files in ~/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Calculator
- Fixed: Indexing of birthdays could fail if a contact was linked across multiple accounts.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor