Compressor adds power and flexibility to Final Cut Pro X export. Customize output settings, work faster with distributed encoding, and tap into a comprehensive set of delivery features.
Powerful Encoding for Final Cut Pro
- Use Compressor to customize encoding settings available in Final Cut Pro.
- Choose from a wide array of codecs, sizes, frame rates, and other parameters.
- Save your custom settings in Compressor; they automatically appear in Final Cut Pro.
- Share settings with other editors, even if Compressor isn,t installed on their workstations.
Time-Saving Encoding Workflow
- Experiment freely with encoding options, using real-time feedback in the Preview window.
- Find exactly the setting you need in just a few clicks in the updated settings library.
- Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files.
- Build batch templates to combine encoding with tasks such as moving or copying files.
- Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease.
Industry-Standard Encoding Support
- Use one-step settings for Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Work with a choice of themed menus to encode and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Add chapter markers for discs or podcasts distributed on iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Apple TV.
- Encode to a broad range of industry-standard formats, such as MPEG-2, H.264, and ProRes.
- Generate files for HTTP live streaming in a single step.
- Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, or PNG image sequences and encode them to any setting.
- Tap into advanced encoding features for adding closed captioning, metadata, and more.
Pristine Format Conversions
- Convert any file from its source format to another format, such as NTSC to PAL or SD to HD.
- Clean up and customize your content using image filters, a timecode overlay, and watermarks.
- Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime.
- Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple cores and workstations.
- Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a cluster node for distributed encoding.
- Speed up encoding in Final Cut Pro by choosing a Compressor cluster for output processing.
- Activate QuickCluster for dynamic configuration of nodes based on available resources.
- View, adjust, and deliver closed captions
- Import caption files into a batch or iTunes Store package
- Use the Inspector to adjust text, color, onscreen location, and timing
- Search text and select single or multiple captions in the Inspector
- Support for multiple languages and formats in an iTunes Store package
- Validation indicator instantly warns about common errors including caption overlaps, incorrect characters, invalid formatting, and more
- Embed captions in an exported video file or create a separate caption sidecar file
- Share captioned videos directly to YouTube and Vimeo
- Support for CEA-608 and iTT closed caption formats
- Include audio description files in any iTunes Store package
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.12.4 or later
- 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K)
- OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
- 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K)
- 1.25GB of disk space