Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ,08, ,09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF,s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they,re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF,s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF,s with you, wherever you are.
Updated database engine:
- Copy Citation and Copy Formatted will insert the corresponding text automatically in Apple Pages documents
- Rotate PDFs in the PDF viewer
- The names of temporary libraries created during a Rebuild will not be added to the Open -> Recent menu
- Created a workaround for a problem with the Science web site so that automatic PDF downloading works again
Improved metadata found with Crossref searches:
- The results will include abstracts and the number of times an article has been cited, if available.
Improved Cited Inspector:
- Drag and drop references cited in the paper, or select them and use a right-click, to import them into your library. References that are already in your library or that have no DOI will be ignored.
Replace spaces with underscores ( _ ) when renaming a PDF:
- This option is available in preferences.
Bookends will offer to automatically fetch the metadata when attaching a PDF from arXiv.org:
- This will work when importing the PDFs from the watch folder, too.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error to be thrown if you tried to attach a PDF or delete a reference immediately after doing a Rebuild. Fixed a cosmetic bug where the toolbar wasn’t being drawn correctly when switching to the PDF view when in viewing in full screen. Fixed a bug where PDF tabs for different PDFs in the display pane and the attachments of a single reference could become confused. Fixed a bug that added the name of the temporary file created during a Rebuild to the Open -> Recent menu. Fixed a bug that caused the select PDF pop-up in the Attachments tab to be hidden when viewing in full screen mode. Restored the ability of Bookends to insert the formatted document into Word 15.x at the end of a scan. Fixed a bug in the Cited In Inspector where dragging the mouse extended the selection. Fixed a bug that caused an error to be thrown when closing a library window while the Inspector was open.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor