Logic Pro X is an advanced recording, editing and mixing application that enables you to turn our Mac into a professional recording studio.
Beginner and professional musicians can acquire Logic Pro X via the App Store, but, before installing it, you should check your Mac,s hard disk free space as the app requires a minimum of 5 GB and additional 35 GB for optional content that you can download from within the app.
Logic Pro X comes with an comprehensive collection of sounds and plug-ins designed to help you start your projects. As a result, you can create virtual sessions and experiment with various sounds, instruments, voice effects, strings, bass lines and more.
In addition you can browse through the large collection of electronic and urban loops, that covers everything from Dubstep, Electro House, Tech House, Hip Hop, R&B, Chillwave and Deep House.
What is more, Logic Pro X features a professional set of options that allow you to record, edit and handle MIDI performances. You can use region-based parameters to adjust the dynamics, note velocity and timing of your performance.
The recording function is another powerful feature provided by Logic Pro X. The recorder offers support for pristine 24-bit/192kHz audio, automatic take management, over 250 audio tracks and a Low Latency mode capable to temporarily bypass all plug-ins that add latency.
On top of that, Logic Pro X automatically organizes and handles your overdubs and recorded takes. You can listen to all your takes and color code the ones you like.
The complete set of music notation tools can help you convert and edit MIDI performance into notation and create complex orchestral compositions. Thanks to Staff Styles you can easily change the size, transposition, clef along with other details of certain instruments.
Filmmakers can also use Logic Pro X to create an immersive sound track for their movie or clip. You can import and play movies and use the movie track to place the sound effects on the desired frame. What is more, you can identify key transitions in your video and use Beat Mapping to create tempo maps in sync with those transitions.
To conclude, Logic Pro X is a powerful and complex application that provides a long list of tools and features designed to help you write songs, edit and mix audio tracks from within a well-designed interface.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.12 or later.
- Advanced tempo detection lets you automatically combine content together, regardless of their original tempo
- Record audio without using a click or drag in an audio file and have the performance define your project tempo
- Add any audio file and have it automatically conform to the project tempo
- ChromaVerb is a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces
- Space Designer is a convolution reverb with a new design and a scalable, Retina interface
- Step FX adds rhythmic multi-effect processing using 3 powerful step sequencers and an X/Y pad
- Phat FX makes your tracks bigger and bolder using 9 effects that add warmth and punch to your sounds
- The Vintage EQ Collection provides 3 accurate models of vintage analog EQs from the 1950s to the 1970s
- Studio Strings and Studio Horns are deeply sampled, realistic ensemble instruments with custom articulation controls
- Mellotron is now available as a standalone instrument plug-in
- Retro Synth now offers 18 different filter models
- 2 new Drummers play roots and jazz-influenced brush styles
- 2 vintage brush kits for Drum Kit Designer
- More than 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres
- New Visions library for Alchemy adds 150 cinematic presets
- You can now undo mixer and plug-in actions
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports looping audio file and can preview them in sync with project tempo
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor