Tinderbox is a personal content management assistant. It stores your notes, ideas, and plans. It can help you organize and understand them. And Tinderbox helps you share ideas through Web journals and Web logs.
Tinderbox,s agents automatically scan your notes, looking for patterns and building relationships. Agents help discover relationships and help make sure important things don,t get lost. Agents are easy to make and easy to modify. They,re flexible and powerful. And Tinderbox can even gather and update changing information and breaking news from the Internet.
When it,s time to share your notes, Tinderbox can assemble multiple notes into one page. Updates are a breeze — even if you update several times a day. Private notes, timestamps, permanent links, archives: everything you want, just the way you want it.
- DEVONthink Office Pro: When an item is imported to Tinderbox from DEVONthink Office Pro 2.9.15 or later, Tinderbox imports the DEVONthink Creation time as $SourceCreated and the DEVONthink Modification time as $SourceModified. OnAdd actions are applied to each item of a multiple-item drag. Multiple-item drags are now handled without adding unwanted empty notes.
- Extensive revisions help Tinderbox get more work done by using your Macintosh more efficiently and avoiding conflicts between separate tasks.
- Edicts will no longer run at the same time as agents.
- The internal design of computed attributes – attributes like $WordCount and $SiblingOrder that are computed from the properties of each note – has been changed substantially in an effort to address intermittent conflicts between Tinderbox threads. This may pose a variety of performance issues.
- Several data race conditions have been resolved, most notably in handling trees, updating progress bars, in tracking shared value objects, and in disposing of unused values.
- A new built-in prototype Markdown allows notes to use Markdown in place of native Tinderbox markup.
- The new $HTMLPreviewCommand now permits you to use Markdown syntax in your Tinderbox notes, and to either preview the formatted output or to export to HTML whenever you like.
- To customize the appearance of Markdown previews, you may edit the CSS stylesheet styles.css found in the Markdown folder of the Tinderbox support folder.
- When importing from DevonThink, items that have text but not styled text now import the text.
- Email message (.eml) files are now imported.
- RIS reference import (and option-drags from Bookends) now extract the reference,s abstract, if present, and place it in text of the imported note.
- RIS references from BibDesk are now handled appropriately. Bibdesk drags include two distinct text items, only the first of which contains a payload. As a result, dragging RIS from Bibdesk generated two Tinderbox notes, the expected reference and an empty note named “New.” The unwanted note is no longer created.
- OmniFocus import has been greatly improved. We import the correct number of notes, obtain their omnifocus:/ urls, and set their prototype to Task. OmniFocus import now imports the task,s key dates: Defer Until becomes $StartDate, Due becomes $DueDate, and Completed becomes $EndDate. If a task was completed before the present time, the note is marked as $Checked. If the task has a note, the text of the note is placed in the Tinderbox note,s text. Unspecified dates are now treated as never rather than now.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor