Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ,08, ,09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF,s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they,re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF,s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF,s with you, wherever you are.
- Introducing hierarchical metatags, including keywords, in the tag cloud
- Improved PDF annotation handling in macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Added = as a possible superscript metacharacter
- Added a metacharacter to suppress the use of Ibid. for a particular citation
- Newly imported references will be shown immediately when a smart group is selected and the references belong to that group
- Bookends will warn you if you try to add or edit a file tag in a locked PDF
- The Find dialog (Command-F) has a Reset button
- Bookends will remove the ? and * characters from PDF file names it generates
- Bug fixes
OS X 10.7 or later