HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding solution for OS X. Export geotags to EXIF, XMP and IPTC. GPS device optional.
Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don,t have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
- Remember where you took your photos
- Show friends, family and clients photos pinned to a map
- Geotag photos of properties you sell, bridges that need repair, etc.
- Use geotags to organize your photo library
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
- Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr or locr
HoudahGeo works best in conjunction with a GPS track logging device or smartphone app. HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX, NMEA, LOG, TES, … and TCX files created by third party software.
HoudahGeo also allows for “geocoding using reference photos”. Take geotagged photos using a GPS enabled camera or photo. HoudahGeo can use these to tag photos taken with a regular camera.
- Enhancement: Offline reverse geocoding using GeoNames data now needs much less disk space
- Enhancement: Altitude lookup is now much faster
- Enhancement: Added reverse geocoding using the Open Cage service
- Enhancement: Updated to the latest production release of exiftool
- Bug fix: Quick Look image preview did not follow selection
- Bug fix: Geocoding did not work with the Pro version of Google Earth
- Bug fix: Explanations of GPS geocoding options where not shown correctly in the German version
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor