New File Here adds a “New File Here” menu item to Finder,s context menu, enabling you to create files easily in any location.
New File Here supports templates now! There are over 30 built-in file templates, and you can also add your own templates!
Creating a new document can be a drawn-out process sometimes. No matter what kind of document you would like to create, it usually takes ages to open the application and plough through the menus to create a new file.
New File Here saves you from the tedious steps by providing a shortcut to create files, simply right click on any folder/file and create your new file!
– Right click on any folder/file and select the “New File Here” or “Services -> New File Here” menu item to create a new file
– Drag an drop to create new file with the file panel
– Over 30 built-in file templates (please enable the templates you need in the Preferences)
– Custom templates are supported, New File Here is able to create virtually any kind of document now
– You can change the file name before creating a file
– Path extension is appended automatically
– A sound is played on file creation finish
– The newly created file is revealed in the Finder
– You can chose to open the newly created file automatically by turning on the “Open file on creation finish” in the Preferences
– You can add your own templates in the Preferences
– You can customize the app behavior in the Preferences
* Built-in File Types
– Plain text document
– Rich text document
– MS Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– iWork ,08 / iWork ,09 (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
– OpenOffice / LibreOffice documents (Text, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawing)
– Scripts (Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
– Many other kinds of documents
- Optimized for Yosemite (OS X 10.10)
- Add Finder context menu extension for Yosemite (OS X 10.10)
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor